Child Welfare Worker Core Training (Core) is offered by the Bay Area Academy to new child welfare workers and experienced workers who have not received formal training in the subject areas covered by the Core courses. Core provides training in skills required for workers to become competent in the subject areas identified by the California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC). Core is also made available to staff who work in the public child welfare setting, such as Public Health Nurses, when authorized by the county where they work.
Common Core 3.0 (“CC3.0”) – the most recent version of Core being released in February 2017 – parses out content into 100 and 200 levels (100 level is information brand new Child Welfare Workers need to know for their daily work; 200 level is a deeper exploration and integration of respective content areas). CC3.0 material is presented in three different formats as part of an integrated learning experience:
– eLearnings (22 eLearning modules at the 100 level, 2 eLearning modules at the 200 level),
– In Class Days (15.5 days at the 100 level, 7 days at the 200 level), and
– Field Activities (9 Field Activities, all at the 100 level).
Additional information about California Child Welfare Competencies and the Standardized Core Curriculum can be found at:
Workers unable to complete a class in the sequence can arrange to make up the class in another Core cycle.
CORE At A Glance Flyers
- Flyer 061917 Core M-1 Alameda – Invited Counties: Alameda
- Flyer 062617 Core M-2 Contra Costa REV072017– Invited Counties: Contra Costa and Solano
- Flyer 071117 Core M-3 Regional Berkeley REV072017– Invited Counties: Marin, Napa, Sonoma, San Francisco, and San Mateo
- Flyer 080817 Core M-4 Santa Clara– Invited Counties: Santa Clara
- Flyer 081417 Core M-5 Southern REV091417– Invited Counties: San Benito, Monterey, and Santa Cruz
- Flyer 100317 Core M-6 Alameda – Invited Counties: Alameda and make-ups for all Bay Area Counties (first come first serve, space permitting)
- Flyer 102417 Core M-7 Contra Costa – Invited Counties: Contra Costa and make-ups for all Bay Area Counties (first come first serve, space permitting)
- Flyer 090117 Regional Core M200-1 – Invited Counties: Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, Solano, Sonoma, San Mateo, San Francisco, and Alameda
- Flyer 091117 Central Southern Core M200-2 – Invited Counties: San Benito, Monterey, and Santa Cruz
For more information about the Bay Area Academy Core please contact Emily Katz.